9 Ways to Transform our Communities and our World
- Mata Traders
- 30 Nov, 2010
8. Fair Trade Your House of Worship – Many faith traditions have Fair Trade programs, including American Jewish World Service, Catholic Relief Services, Islamic Relief, Lutheran World Relief, Presbyterian Church USA, Mennonite Central Committee, United Methodist Committee on Relief, and the Unitarian Universalists.
7. Seek work or volunteer opportunities in Fair Trade – Fair Trade Organizations always need great people to assist them. See opportunities online.
6. Host an event for World Fair Trade Day in May and Fair Trade Month in October. Make your business a World Fair Trade Day partner.
5. Start a Fair Trade Organization – Visit www.FairTradeFederation.org/startabiz for tools to get you started.
4. Ask local stores to carry Fair Trade goods – Fill out comment cards; talk to a store manager; leave a message on the shelf; and more. For information on converting supermarkets specifically, visit www.FairTradeYourSupermarket.org.
3. Launch a Fair Trade Towns Campaign – Turn your community into a Fair Trade Town! Visit Fair Trade Towns USA or TransFair Canada for information.
2. Host a sale or fundraiser – Host a Fair Trade sale or fundraiser in your school, home, community organization, or workplace.
1. Shop your local Fair Trade Store or online! – Find a store that specializes in Fair Trade in your area and/or shop online today!